Maintaining good oral health is more important than ever and Dakabin Dental provides the resources and tools to make it easy. Good oral hygiene can help prevent dental concerns like gum disease, tooth decay and even bad breath. As 2023 rolls in and we all get a year older, it’s important to understand that good oral and dental care can help us keep our teeth healthy and intact. Although Dakabin Dental has a fantastic smile makeover solution for those in need, there are many ways you can prevent tooth decay and gum disease now and in the future. Dakabin Dental’s guide to clean and healthy teeth offers simple steps that will help you achieve and maintain good oral health.
A Dentists Guide on How To Keep Your Teeth Clean and Healthy
Brushing your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste is the first step in maintaining good oral hygiene. Use gentle circular motions and brush for two minutes at least. Particularly focusing on areas where plaque tends to build up such as the backs of molars and around the gum line.
Flossing regularly should also be part of your routine. It helps remove plaque from between teeth, which can’t be reached by brushing alone. It also reduces inflammation of the gums caused by bacteria buildup.
Use Dakabin Dental’s helpful tips to ensure you are brushing and flossing effectively:
- Use an electric toothbrush – it makes brushing more efficient and effective, removing plaque in hard-to-reach places.
- Be sure to change your toothbrush every three months as they can harbour bacteria over time.
- Take your time when flossing – use slow and steady movements to make sure plaque is removed from each tooth’s surface.
- Use Mouthwash – Rinse your mouth with an alcohol-free mouthwash to help reduce bacteria and bad breath. Dakabin Dental recommends using a therapeutic mouthwash.
- Avoid Sugary Foods and Drinks – Eating sugary foods such as candy or drinking sodas can increase your risk of cavities and tooth decay. So it’s best to limit sugary snacks and drinks as much as possible.
In addition to brushing and flossing, Dakabin Dental recommends visiting your dentist regularly. You dentist can perform professional cleanings, checkups, and other preventive treatments. This can help maintain your oral health and identify problems early on before they become more serious. Professional cleanings will help keep your teeth and gums healthy for years to come by strengthening your teeth and gums and detecting any oral health issues early on.
When Was the Last Time You Went For a Regular Dentist Checkup?
To maintain clean and healthy teeth it is recommended that you visit a dentist at least every 6 months for a regular checkup. Depending on the health of your teeth and gums you may be required to visit more frequently. Or, if your oral health is in great condition, even less frequently. But you won’t know until an experienced dentist has had a good look inside your mouth!
People who visit the dentist less often require more extensive work and in some cases, need a complete smile makeover. Luckily we do smile makeover consultations for free at Dakabin dental!
By following Dakabin Dental’s guide to having clean and healthy teeth, you can maintain good oral health and achieve a beautiful smile. Dakabin Dental is here to help you every step of the way.
Book online today to learn more about our services and how we can help make sure your teeth stay healthy and clean for years to come!